Frequently Asked Questions
All slimline and round rainwater tanks come with a 10-year manufacturer's warranty from the date of purchase. For full details refer to our Manufacturer's warranty.
Rainwater Tank Use
There are a several factors to consider when choosing the best size rainwater tank:
- Roof size or area
- Intended use of the water (internal or external water supply)
- Rainfall patterns in your area
- Available space
For additional information on the use of rainwater for drinking please consult your local council or water authority.
Regular maintenance of your rainwater tank is recommended to keep debris and pests out. As a guide:
- Tanks should be inspected for accumulation of sludge every 5-10 years
- Regular maintenance inspections should be undertaken every 6 months
- Regular cleaning of the leaf strainer, if being used as an inlet, needs to be done at least every 3 months
- If a wet system is used it also needs to be drained at least every 3 months
It is also important to keep roofs and gutters clean as this will impact water quality.
Rainwater Tank Delivery
We currently offer delivery services to the Greater Adelaide region. This service includes tank delivery, positioning, and site fit-out of your tank.
Click here to view our free delivery areas map.
It is best that the tank base is prepared so, with assistance, the tank can be suitably placed. Clear access is necessary. The driver will then fit out to your needs.
No, our delivery trucks do not have cranes. If you require crane assistance hire is at the purchaser’s expense. Our round tanks are made with moulded lifting lugs for easy lifting.
Our delivery driver will require assistance on-site to ensure your tank is unloaded and positioned safely. The number of extra able-bodied people required on-site at the time of delivery is outlined below:
1,000L Slimline - 1 Person + Driver
3,000L Slimline - 3 People + Driver
2,500L Round - 1 Person + Driver
5,000L Round - 1 Person + Driver
10,000LRound - 2 People + Driver
15,000L Round - 2 People + Driver
20,000L Round - 3 People + Driver
Rainwater Tank Installation
We recommend before purchasing a rainwater tank that you check with your local council if there are any planning or building regulations, or local health requirements in your area.
Find your local council here: https://www.lga.sa.gov.au/sa-councils/councils-listing
The size and shape of the tank will be a factor. You should also consider the following:
- Ensure the area has a level, compacted base
- Locate as close to the downpipes as possible
- Locate out of direct sunlight to lower the water temperature